welsh bodyboard club

Discussion in 'Wales' started by miken, Mar 9, 2013.

1. miken

miken Pro Rider

2. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

Done. And joined the WBC Facebook group as well. Can only help getting all the Spongers from Wales pushing to the same end. With more people behind it, it may push a few competitions down our way :)

3. miken

miken Pro Rider

nice one for joining! :)

4. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

No worries dude :) looks really good. Everyone who's a welsh booger should definitely get on it. Great to have somewhere central so that events and comps can be advertised and sorted properly. I think even if they weren't competing, most people on there would pop down as a spectator :)

5. miken

miken Pro Rider

Thats the attitude people in wales need to adapt if they want to see the sport increase here. Theres enough of us here, we just need to bring it to one place! ;)

[​IMG]

Click here for more info

6. miken

miken Pro Rider

hope to see pete, gowersponger, jonpob and chappel there! :)

7. chappell

chappell Hand Dragger

Yes indeedy! Sure the rest be up for it. This is the way forward, and needs everybody's support. :D

8. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

That's the spirit gents! :D I've just posted the poster up for the event on here, and I know if a few over in Swansea that will be up for coming over aswell. should get a good crowd going :cool:

9. miken

miken Pro Rider

as the welsh say......

Saftey ;) :cool:

10. chappell

chappell Hand Dragger

"Like" done, is that all that I do? How do you join group? Sorry just signed up to Facebook solely to follow this, not got a clue on how to use it!:eek:

Anyone else going down if on this weekend? Who actually planning to sponge? Or just observing ?

11. miken

miken Pro Rider

Ill be there ;) im gonna have a bash at the dk too.

Liking the page is all you need to do as more stuff will be shared through that.

12. chappell

chappell Hand Dragger

How it work then? Different categories? Any for senior novice? :eek:

13. miken

miken Pro Rider

A few of us who are going to be running the club are having a meet on Friday so will discuss what were doing. We generally will be holding a dk and prone but if theres enough numbers, we'll look st doing other stuff eg: older categories etc.

14. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

Very much looking forward to this :D If it's this weekend then me and a mate will definitely be in, I'll send the shout over to the Swansea lot as well, who've just got back from a trip so I'm sure they'll be itching to get back in. Be my first surf down Sker, and my first time sponging at any sort of comp. I figure if I can cut a nice line and maybe even pull off a roll/spin I'll be happy. Likely to get my arse blown out of the water by most of the competent spongers but I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has to offer!

And welcome to the 'book Chapell, bit of a necessary evil these days unfortunately. Handy for organising stuff like this though.

15. chappell

chappell Hand Dragger

So you planning on having blast at comp then, I was concerned about taking part, as assume just staying on my board does not score many points? :rolleyes:

Facebook scared and confused me, it knew who I may know? Witchcraft! :eek:

16. miken

miken Pro Rider

you'd be surprised that roll or a spin might get you through a heat.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
  17. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

Haha! you haven't seen my attempt at one yet dude! lol :D

Aye to be honest I figured no harm in trying and you've got to have your first comp sometime :) . I love the idea of getting comps over here on the regular and it can only help with learning more. I can ride alright and not worried about anyone saying that I ballsed up or summin because that's half the fun when sponging! Got no idea what you get points for against but I figure just ride like no ones watching and see what happens :)

You'll get the hang of it dude, just one rule to remember about facebook - Ignore all the requests for games and calenders and all that

18. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

I fully agree a welsh club is the way forward the aussies do this like we have football and rugby teams with leagues,can i just ask where the club would be going with this?,i wish there had been a club in the mid 90s as im sure most of us taught ourselves it would have been great to have had people showing whats right and wrong,anyway me waffling on,what would the club offer,coaching,equipment help and advice,annual meets? comps whole new ball game tricks timed sessions and tactics like most we just free surf not much pressure involved lol

19. chappell

chappell Hand Dragger

What's happening in regards to comp, any more news? Cancelled My Facebook account, can't stand it! :eek:

Anybody got any news?:confused:

20. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

haha chappell that site dangerous lol