Trip in August - where to?

Discussion in 'International' started by jimmyblake, Jun 20, 2013.

1. jimmyblake

jimmyblake Grom

I've finally committed to taking my first holiday in three years towards the tail end of August and I could really do with some recommendations. I'm a fairly experienced bodyboarder, but a little rusty, and my girlfriend is a newbie but a natural.

I'm considering Indonesia, Costa Rica or Nicaragua. Does anyone have any suggestions for that time of year, or even better any companies to go with?

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

2. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

I'd imagine Rob Barber is running a few trips over the summer, he normally does :) Highly recommend them, good teacher and he knows the areas well.

3. jimmyblake

jimmyblake Grom

Thanks for the reply, I've been chatting to Rob but unfortunately his trips outside of the UK don't tally up with when I can get coverage at work.

Jimmy

4. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

Ah that's a sod dude. I know of someone who's got a bodyboard school out in Bali if that's of any use? Failing that there's a huge bodyboard scene in Gran Canaria but not sure if it's any good towards the end of summer. May be worth checking out :)

5. green802

green802 Pro Rider

Canaries after June tend to be flat city. I think it picks up after October.

Furteventura 2009 I got 1 ok'ish day , 1 sketchy and two small out of 14 days in June.

Hope this doesn't crush your stoke.