The forums getting a bit more active again

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by lwills, Mar 6, 2013.

1. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

This forum seems to go pretty quiet every now and then so it's nice to see a bit of movement here again.

Hope to see the resurgence continue!

As a quick poll, who checks here regularly at the moment?

2. Fossil

Fossil El Floppo King

I'm pretty regular now as there is some interest in the south coast section mainly thanks to Spongedup and his Kimmeridge experiences. I hope to get there soon myself too now i'm getting over surgery. Also living a distance from the sea does'nt help unless i'm down Cornwall on holiday every chance i get. Tis good to see the forum getting some posts though.

Foss.

3. chappell

chappell Hand Dragger

I'm on here regular at the moment, joined in 2009 but had just started BBing, so did not really have much to say/give, if you know what I mean.

Only thought to take a look again as had been unable to surf for several weeks, so if I can't BB, next best thing is to talk about it!

But glad I did, good bunch on here, nice to see good sprinkling of the slightly more mature spongers also, if that's politically correct name for us? :p

4. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

I've been coming back and fore over the last few years too. Organised a couple of meetups, asked/answered a few questions, joined in with fellow spongers gushing about epic sessions or good looking incoming swells. Good times!

I think you're right that it's great to get on here when you can't get down the beach. And the more lively the forums, the more people are gonna get stuck in. Oh and I think 'seasoned veterans' works as well! ;)

Best of luck with the recovery Foss :)

5. Jon norris

Jon norris Grom

I'm new on hear and have to say I was disappointed to see the dates on the threads and posts (hardly a new post this year till mid feb) I have also noticed a bit more activity now. I will try and cover my area (mid west wales) with some photo's soon.

There is some good info on hear.

I have been bodyboarding 15 years or so but am more into it than ever because of some good online shops and I'm on this site now because of the convenience of a smart phone.

Looking forward to the waves on the weekend!