rob barber coaching weekend

Discussion in 'Wales' started by jonpob, Feb 18, 2012.

1. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

Im hoping to go to this for the first time this year anyone going from here?

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

What dates are the weekend?

3. Wattie187

Wattie187 Hand Dragger

Yeah I was meant to go last year but it clashed with a mates 30th that had already been arranged. So hopefully they come back to Ireland again this year.

4. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

these are the rough dates they emailed me but they will prob change so just waiting for an email to confirm ,21/22 July,September 8/9th and October 6/7th.

5. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

ive had an email today and the dates will be June 16 - 17 Wales bodyboard coaching weekend (Llangenith)

October 6 - 7 Welsh Bodyboard Coaching Weekend (number 2)

6. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

Get on it folks, can't reccomend it enough! :D . Money and time permitting, I'll be there too.

7. Wattie187

Wattie187 Hand Dragger

Just booked myself on the weekend to Bundoran in Donegal. Roll on June :)

8. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

Il be booking monday (gennith)

9. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

date looks to have changed for gennith coaching weekend to 1+2 september due to dates clashing,paid deposit so il be there cant wait.

10. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

rob barber weekend tomorrow,was hoping swell be bigger but there you go ,looking forward none the less,his advice on techniques and maneuvers will be very interesting hopefully i can learn and progress that bit more well thats the aim anyway.

11. RakeR

RakeR El Floppo King

Shame about the swell. Better Sunday at gennith - possibly Rhossilli on the push from mid to high? What time do the ads start?

12. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

swell was poor sat morn but sat afternoon and all sunday was good ,amazing weekend learnt so much and every bodyboarder should do it as you may think your doing it right til you get on course great bloke rob and chris and gennith guy on 1st day so helpful and explain everything looking foward to hooking up again with them.

13. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

:D Sounds like you had a belter dude!

Glad it picked up for you all on the Sunday, I popped over to say hello on the Saturday but it wasn't really worth getting wet for the couple of hours we were there unfortunately. Really good bunch of people on Barbers' weekends mind, not only Rob and his lot but all the local spongers that you get to meet through it as well. Anyone enlighten you of a few new spots to try dude?

I'd reccomend getting yourself down to his place over in newquay for a weekend as well. Always a good crack :)

14. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

amazing weekend and end of sat and all sun some nice wave came through ,i didint need and advice on spots to surf as done them all mate gennith,langland,caswell,boughton,,horton,gower reefs,rhosilli bay mews,and plenty new waves i cant say about thanks to gower sponger,pete and chappel and to be honest dont see many bodyborders hence why like rb said you doing it all wrong ,now im doing it right gower chargers can push on,great to meet team taff on course great bunch and macs daughter who scored some lovely rides.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
  15. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

Newquay be the next step for me then away hopefully great bloke rb and coaching staff and people on coures mate.

16. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

Fair enough dude, sounds like you've explored the Gower well. Yeah team taff are a quality guys (and gals) fair play. Rode many a wave with 'em :) Plenty of breaks to explore down by Newquay, and that tidy wedge too ;)

17. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

just a great weekend mate ,they were only interested in us and pushing us a real eye opener to be honest and alot to take in.