Flash for iPad

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by YIM-YAM, Dec 24, 2010.

1. YIM-YAM

YIM-YAM El Floppo King

Now then Lads and Lady's need a bit of help on this one does anybody know how you can view flash player vids on the iPad?

(With out jail breaking) as it's still under warranty, any response greatly received

Cheers Lee

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2010
  2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

I don't think you can? Same as iPhone isn't it? Flash is the devils work anyway!

3. YIM-YAM

YIM-YAM El Floppo King

The reason I ask is that my laptop has gone tits up, any one got any suggestions for a new laptop (make, model) as I'm a computer biff and don't know where to start,

Thanks in advance

Cheers Lee

4. Gboarder

Gboarder Grom

Like every thing else depends on your budget and also on any software you have licensees 4. I had a mac that went the same why so brought another mac. dough't if it answers your :confused: though.....

5. YIM-YAM

YIM-YAM El Floppo King

Are macs better than normal computers as I have never had a mac

6. Gboarder

Gboarder Grom

Depends on what you do on it. PC is better with word and excel but Mac processes images better - well in my opinion.

Generally though Mac is expensive, the screen's have vastly improved on both operating systems. If you have the $$$ their are also some very nice Sony laptops what are worth looking at, especially if you want to watch video and TV on it.

7. YIM-YAM

YIM-YAM El Floppo King

So in a nut shell a mac is for the more visual stuff and a pc is more of an all rounder,

8. Gboarder

Gboarder Grom

Spot on, why did I not say it that way........:cool:

9. YIM-YAM

YIM-YAM El Floppo King

What do you use? Mac or pc

10. figmentsrc

figmentsrc Grom

At home I use a PC but that is cause of gaming and work....

At work I use a Mac...

I'm a web designer and both are good but I find with any Graphics or music stuff macs are more your thing.

The only thing that I don't like about macs are they are very pricy and when they are obsolete you cant upgrade them you just pick up and put in the bin and go buy another one. at £800+ every time you upgrade it gets a little scary.

PC = Windows office computer + gaming

Macs' = design, music and video

This is only my experience as I can use both and do.

Hope this helps

11. Chriscmoss

Chriscmoss Grom

Hi to view flash files on iPad you need to download photon browser from the apple store it's about 1.99 works a treat. I use it on my iPad all the time. Living in Bournemouth I view the webcams to look at swell conditions all the time and without this app I couldn't view them iPad just let saying that the media was unsupported.

12. You can still get the flash player although not through iTunes. Just make sure you download it from a reliable source so that it's not infected with anything dodgy.