Discover the Basque Country

Discussion in 'International' started by bodyboardergt, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Hi people,

At first I have to say that English is not my first languaje so I apologize for any fault while writing this post.

I am a bodyboarder from the Basque Country, and in September I'm living in Belfast for one year more or less (that's the reason I registered in this forum:)).

[​IMG]

Our flag in the beatiuful cliffs of somewhere Ireland :)

The aim of this post is showing my country and its waves to you. I think that it's an unknown place for many people, and there are world-class waves very near to you (less than 2h by plane London-Bilbao). Water temperature goes from 12º in February to 21º in August, and the best swells are in the period between October-March.

So I will try to show you some of the waves that we have and some great places. :cool:

LA CENTRAL

Our best wave for bodyboarders. Very powerful and dangerous reef slab.

[ame]

https://player.vimeo.com/video/78361137[/ame]EREAGA

Powerful beachbreak, strong barrels. Mostly bodyboarders.

[​IMG]

LA GALEA

Big wave, very dangerous reef wave, only experienced surfers.

[​IMG]

SOPELANA

Big beach with many different waves, some years ago the IBA world tour stopped here.

[​IMG]

MEÑAKOZ

Big and dangerous reef wave, only skilled riders.

[​IMG]

I continue in the next post.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  2. MUNDAKA

The best lefty wave in Europe. Awesome and heavy barrels. It's a dangerous wave due to its power, I do not recommend to newbies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ZARAUTZ

Big beach with many different waves. All levels.

[​IMG]

PLAYA GRIS

Big wave. Only crazy bodyboarders... :D

[​IMG]

LA ZURRIOLA

Beachbreak in the beautiful city Donostia-San Sebastian.

[​IMG]

And much more spots to discover... I hope you enjoy this post and do not hesitate to ask any question! I hope you all visit this land... I'm sure you'll love it!

Cheers!

3. Wattie187

Wattie187 Hand Dragger

Looks pretty sweet chief, may have to book myself a flight :)

4. green802

green802 Pro Rider

Great pics there. are you working for the Spanish tourist board ?

We have a lady in our building who's from Northern Spain and highly rates this area for surf. Pic's she has shown us are tempting.

Thanks for sharing :¬)

5. Hi there, I'm not working for anybody haha just wanted to show my surfing area. Now living in Belfast and quite depressed about the weather and waves...

Cheers!