cold water advice needed

Discussion in 'Bodyboarding Chat' started by Gaz, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Gaz

Gaz Hand Dragger

Do I really need to use wet suit in UK or can I get away with rubbing animal fat all over and covering myself in cling film? I work in kitchen so have lots of lard and cling film available. I only want to buy wet suit as last resort as money is tight. has anyone else tried this and found it works ok? I have rain suit I could wear over top so I don't look silly.

2. dazzler22

dazzler22 Grom

grease up! you'll love it... :D

3. chappell

chappell Hand Dragger

AWESOME! I will give you an old wetsuit dude if your around 6ft and about 12stone, just so you don't have to do it!:eek:

4. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

Back in the 1990s when starting out i didnt wear a suit for afew seasons just shorts summer and winter and it wasnt very pleasant very painful in the winter in fact bought suit and would never do that again lol

5. Gaz

Gaz Hand Dragger

lol!! :)

Thank you for the kind offer of the wetsuit, however you will be glad to know that I have a winter suit, hood etc. I once tried surfing in Norfolk in February with just a convertible (for those who don't know this is a suit with short sleeves but you can attach the sleeves via velcro tabs) it was not blindstched either. I couldn't move my fingers afterwards and my muscles ached for a week! I am very glad I don't really need to use lard and cling film, but if anyone feels the urge to try it I would be very interested to hear how you get on. :D