Coincidence or what ?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by CymruGirl, Aug 27, 2010.

1. CymruGirl

CymruGirl Hand Dragger

Surfed last night after really heavy rain (I know ..... no lectures. It was a daft thing to do). Spent most of the evening feeling slightly unwell and then spent last night really sick. I surf at Southerndown/Ogmore. SAS do say that the sewer pipes often overflow into the sea after heavy rain. I totally believe them now. Any similar experiences ?

2. kev2o

kev2o Local Charger

Surfed in torbay area, quite a few years ago during the holiday season, me & mates got d & v. Water was pretty minging, tampax, towels etc floating in the water. Never again.

3. bellyboarder

bellyboarder Pro Rider

surfed a local beach about 3 years ago(its at the bottom of a steep vally with loads of cows) after sum heavy rain , all i can say is its the rankest surf i have ever had the smell of poo was overwelming and there was cow pats floating rounf after 20-30 mins i could stop gaggin so came in

about 16 years ago i surfed somewhere(cant remember where now) but woke up the next day with what looked like a beard but was infact a beard line of scabs/ears completely covered in scabs and a quick trip to get sum antibiotics lol

im not really 1 for the sas they seam to very well payed ppl with big shinny cars that do abit but not as much as they could( not really looked into it tho)

4. PapaWoolacombe

PapaWoolacombe Super Moderator

Yep, you picked up some tasty gastric bacteria, probably a coccos of some kind.

Although 'illegal' to discharge raw sewage into the sea/rivers (EU bathing water Directive 1999) it is however accepted that under rainfall/storm events sewage treatments plants are overwhelmed and sewage is discharged stright through. this is mainly due to our archaic sewage systems collecting all the road and roof drainage into the mains sewage systems thus not being able to cope.

In extreme cases you could also contract Hep B & C via human sewage. It has been known to be able to survive up to 5 days in salt water.

Just a few of the many wrongs still going on.

5. DingBat

DingBat Grom

yeah. bad

6. Billy M

Billy M Grom

i had to cross the 'red - river' at Gwithian once.. it was horrid haha