bodyboard gopro mount

Discussion in 'Wales' started by jonpob, Aug 22, 2013.

1. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

Ive bought a gopro mount off ebodyboarding.com but before i put it in got afew issues,as i want to set it near the rail outside hand(right) ,obviously can only go left,prob being when the cams taken off the mount will get in the way as raised if i want to go right ,has anyone bought one and fitted it in same place,i have thought of buying leash plug with thread to fit the top mount,if thread on plugs fits and would it hold in metal thread top mount being plastic ,anyone tried this any advice be welcomed

2. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

Yes it is fixed hence id have to keep putting leash plug in or find a leash plug with the same threat to fit top mount,yes friend of mine has the belt chappell works very well ,thanks for the reply.

3. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

I think you'd be lucky to find an exact match unless they've been made specifically to fit the leash plug bottoms.The thread dimensions of the inner plastic part will be the problem. (You could check out This site for an example of how you can work out exactly which standard size you'd need, then ask about in the board shops to see their leash plugs)

You should be able, depending on the thickness of the bolt compared to the plug bottom, to force the bolt to cut a new thread into the plug bottom but it's risky as the grip could go at anytime, especially if you plan to take it off/reattach it a few times.

If you're happy with it being in permanently that's a different story :) Any reliable waterproof adhesive/poly cement should give you a good hold if you coat the inside of the leash plug bottom, set it and dry it properly. As it hardens you'll get a natural high friction grip due to the recesses in the thread of the bolt and plug.

4. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

i was prob thinking be to good to be true to get an exact thread match so i would take the mount out completely and replace it with a leash plug any thoughts on doing it that way.

5. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

gopro mount from ebodyboading.com

6. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

[​IMG]

7. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

[​IMG]

8. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

[​IMG]

9. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

[​IMG]

10. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

[​IMG]

11. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

[​IMG]

12. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

Easier to see rather than explain

13. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

Ahhh ok cool, I think I get what you mean now...

If you're gonna take the mount out (bolt and top bit) and replace it, may be worth looking at one of the older/cheaper style plugs like this:

[​IMG]

Can normally get them with the straight leashes and a cheap cuff for like a fiver.

They're still low profile but a bit thinner than the more modern ones so should keep the hole small enough not to bugger up the hold on the mount bolt. Might get some play toward the top where it widens out but the lower end should stay tight and secure.

If you're heading down the Gower way on the weekend I'll see if I can find one of my old ones if you fancy it? you're welcome to it if I can find it! I'm gonna pop down and see Mr. Barber and his lot for a sesh :)

Btw, nice pics dude, and well useful if anyone's considering picking one up. I looked at these a while ago on ebodyboarding and they've got one tiny pic!

14. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

thanks for that,cant make it weekend kids birthday party ,rob barber has emailed to see if up for it ,you taking course or going to watch mate,swell looking rather poor really ,i may be able to pop down sat afternoon with my 3 and 5 year old in tow

15. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

ive got tubing to cover the thread on bolt and make it all one size and helps protect bolt from damaging inner part of board,fits nice and tight and is exact same width as bottom part of mount phillips head part,which good if leash plug thread wider

16. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

i will post pic of it tomorrow

17. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

[​IMG]

18. jonpob

jonpob Hand Dragger

[​IMG]

19. lwills

lwills El Floppo King

Good shout with the tubing, the more uniform you can keep the hole the better :)

Ah cool, yeah I know what you mean, hardly pumping but I'm taking someone down whose only just getting started with it so I figure a bit of Barber training can't hurt to get her up and running :) . We're just heading down for the afternoon sesh on the Saturday but we'll be splashing about in the water for an hour or so before they get back in after grub. the full weekend would've been a crack but I'm pretty much skint till Christmas at the moment like!